This is an analysis of the poem Les Pas that begins with:
Tes pas, enfants de mon silence,
Saintement, lentement placés,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaX bXbX XXXX XcXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100110 1001001 10101100 10111 101101 101111100 111111101 1011111 1011100 1101100 01000110 1100110 1111111 1011011 1110110 1111111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 123
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; pas is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Les Pas;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.