This is an analysis of the poem When De Co'N Pone's Hot that begins with:
Dey is times in life when Nature
Seems to slip a cog an' go,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXXbXbXcXC XdXdXcdcacXC XcXcceaeXcXC ffafeXaadcXC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,12,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101110 1010111 10101010 1110101 10111010 1010001 11111010 1010101 11111010 1010101 11101010 101101 11111010 1110111 111101010 1100101 11110010 1111101 10101010 1011101 10101110 1010101 11101010 101101 10101010 1010011 10100010 1011111 10111010 1011111 10101010 1010101 11101110 1111101 11101010 101101 11111110 1111111 11100110 1111101 00101111 1010101 11111010 0010101 11111010 1010101 11101010 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 380
- Average number of words per stanza: 72
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; an', de, o' are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words an', how, tek are repeated.
The author used the same word when at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word hot at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When De Co'N Pone's Hot;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.