This is an analysis of the poem The Change that begins with:
LOVE used to carry a bow, you know,
But now he carries a taper;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXcXcdbdbefef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100111 11110010 0010010101 10101010 1100100101 111010010 0100100111 1111110 110100111 010010010 11011001001 1111010 111101101 01001010 011101101 1110010010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 557
- Average number of words per stanza: 110
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Change;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.