This is an analysis of the poem Les Trois Dames D'Albi that begins with:
Filippa, Faïs, Esclarmonde,
Les plus rares, que l'on put voir, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaX XaX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001100 11101111 101 11111110 101111 111 1111110 1010111 1110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 83
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Les Trois Dames D'Albi;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Paul-Jean Toulet
- Analysis of Non, Ce Taxi, Quelle Charrette
- Analysis of Nous Jetâmes L'Ancre, Madame
- Analysis of Ô Jour Qui Meurs À Songer D'Elle