This is an analysis of the poem Au Détour De La Rue Étroite that begins with:
Au détour de la rue étroite
S'ouvre l'ombre et la cour...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XaaX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111 11111 10111111 11111 1111101 110011 1110111 101010 101111111 110110 111011 01111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 110
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; la is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines lance is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Au Détour De La Rue Étroite;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Paul-Jean Toulet
- Analysis of Avril, Dont L'Odeur Nous Augure
- Analysis of Bayonne! Un Pas Sous Les Arceaux
- Analysis of Boulogne