This is an analysis of the poem Baby's First Word that begins with:
WE watched our baby day by day,
With earnest expectation, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb bbcb adXX ceXX XXXX XecX Xccc Xdcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110111 0101010 01010110 0110010 11110111 0111110 01011101 1111010 11111100 0111110 11111111 1111100 11010111 1101010 11011111 1111010 11011101 1101010 11111111 0101010 11111111 1111010 01010111 1101110 1101011 0101010 11110101 1111110 11011101 0111010 110101011 1101010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 134
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Baby's First Word;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.