This is an analysis of the poem Homecoming that begins with:
Snowfall, denser and denser,
dove-coloured as yesterday,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXa bbc XXXdd XXXc aXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,5,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010110 1101101 10101011010 110010 01010 011001 0110 101 11101 1011 0100 11 1100001 111010010 1001 1010 1011011 0100101 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 88
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Homecoming;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.