This is an analysis of the poem The Fool that begins with:
Since the wise men have not spoken, I speak that am only a fool;
A fool that hath loved his folly,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccXdeafbbga echiehfecXXce XadhcgXiXaejj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,13,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011111011111001 01111010 1110111111101011101 111011 011010111100101 101100111000101 010010101001001 0110101011110101 11001011011100101 101111010 11110 1110010010111011 00100100110001101 1010111111111 11100100 101100111001001 11001 1011101110111011 110100111100101 1110110011100101 1001101101101101 0101101001001110 11010011101111001 1011110111100101 0010111010101001 00111100111100111 1111010100111 10011110101111 0011110110101011 11111111101011 1010110111010110 1010011 1111 11111111011011 1101011111011 11101111110111 11110100101101 11010101101011010 110111111110010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 750
- Average number of words per stanza: 150
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 57 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; their, or, that, i, of, and, have, dream, if, my, ye are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words shall, and, ye are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Fool;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.