This is an analysis of the poem Your Laughter that begins with:
Take bread away from me, if you wish,
take air away, but...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xab cdefgh dijXcfXX abekabci lcigdmceXajiiehjlhjmkbf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,6,8,8,23,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101011 11011 11101110 1110101 0110111 0101100 1101 0101 010101 110011111 0110 110101 00101 1111010 010001101 1010111 0101 110010 10110 1010100 111110 01001 101110 00111 1011 10010010 11011 01001 100011 111101 01011101 011001 0110010 1101 101101 11010 10010 11010 1111 11110 11110 1111 11101 01111 101 110110 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 186
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; take, away, at, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words take, do, the, when are repeated.
The author used the same word my at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Your Laughter;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Pablo Neruda
- Analysis of Don'T Go Far Off
- Analysis of I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love You
- Analysis of If You Forget Me