This is an analysis of the poem I Am Sorry It Is Winter Now that begins with:
I am sorry it is winter now,
And you can't hear mosquitoes in the house,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXX XXbb acXX deba XXbX cXXa edXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111000101 1111010001 1101010 001001 0100100011 11011010 010101 100101 11010101 110010 101011 10101000010 1011010110 1110110 1111011001 01101010 110101 01101 011001 110101 01101101011 1101010 101101 01111 1111001 0110101010 10011011 001010
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 119
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Am Sorry It Is Winter Now;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Osip Emilevich Mandelstam
- Analysis of When On The Squares And In Solitary Silence
- Analysis of I Can’t Sleep
- Analysis of I Want To Serve You