This is an analysis of the poem La Mer that begins with:
A white mist drifts across the shrouds,
A wild moon in this wintry sky... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abba cddc edde
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110101 01100101 11110101 10010101 01010101 01011001 10010101 10110101 01011101 01011101 10110101 110111001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 139
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of La Mer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.