This is an analysis of the poem Canzonet that begins with:
I have no store
Of gryphon-guarded gold;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd bebXaXaX afafXcfc bfbfgege
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111 010101 1101 100101 1011 110111 1111 110101 1101 111101 1111 110100 1111 110101 1111 110100 1111 110101 1011 101101 111 110101 1111 110101 1001 1011001 1101 1100101 1011 110011 1011 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 174
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Canzonet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.