This is an analysis of the poem The Voiceless that begins with:
WE count the broken lyres that rest
Where the sweet wailing singers slumber,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefghgh eieijeje
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 110101011 101101010 110110101 0110101010 01110101 110101010 01111101 110111000 11110101 111111110 11010111 010101010 11100101 10101001010 110100111 110101110 11111111 1100111010 11110111 1101001010 010111001 0100101010 11010001 111111110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 374
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Voiceless;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.