This is an analysis of the poem The Peau De Chagrin Of State Street that begins with:
How beauteous is the bond
In the manifold array... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbcca deeXXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110001 0010101 0010001 1011101 1011111 101 1110101 1011111 11100111 1010101 1010101 101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 154
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; one is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Peau De Chagrin Of State Street;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.