This is an analysis of the poem The Fountain Of Youth that begins with:
READ AT THE MEETING OF THE HARVARD ALUMNI
ASSOCIATION, JUNE 25, 1873... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XX abaXbcbc dadaeaea fgfghiXi jfjfkbkb aiaiiaiaXdhdhfafa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,8,8,8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100010011 01010111 01010101 1101010 110000101 1101100 11010111 1101001 11011001 011011 110010001 110101 111010101 101101 11010101 110101 111100111 111101 01111111 110101 11000101 011001 111101010 010110 01010101 111111 10010110 010101 01000111 110111 01010101 1100101 11010111 110101 11110101 010101 11010111 010111 1111101 0111011 11110111 111101 110100101 1101010 01011101 1101010 110101001 0101001 11011101 010111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 232
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words here, and are repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Fountain Of Youth;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.