This is an analysis of the poem My Aunt that begins with:
My aunt! my dear unmarried aunt!
Long years have oâ€™er her flown;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbXbXb acdcbded Xededbfb fdbdgege bhXhhbXb Xfefbcec
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 101101 11110101 110101 11011011 110111 01010101 110101 11110101 010111 10111101 0100111 11110101 111111 11010111 111101 010000101 010101 11110101 0101010 11000101 1100111 100101010 110101 11110101 010111 11011101 010111 11011101 110101 11010101 010101 11110111 110101 11111101 110101 11110111 110001 11010101 0101001 011100110 110101 100100101 010101 10110100 1101101 011110001 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 255
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, she, they, nor are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word they is repeated.
The author used the same word my at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Aunt;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.