This is an analysis of the poem Chanson Without Music that begins with:
BY THE PROFESSOR EMERITUS OF DEAD AND LIVE LANGUAGES
... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a X bcbXdedX cXcacfbX XfffbebX gagabheh dcdcaXab eieiXacX hahabeXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1001001000111100 11010101 11111101 01010111 11101101 01100101 100101101 11011101 11010111 11101101 01111001 11011111 10010101 11010101 11011101 11111101 1110111 111011100 11011110 10010111 110100101 1101101 111100001 1111101 01011101 01011101 11110111 01010101 111110101 10011101 11010101 11011101 11010011 110011101 10011101 11011101 11110101 11110101 11010101 111111100 1110111 11011111 10111 11011111 11010101 110101001 11010110 11110101 11010110 101001100 0111111001 111101010 11011101 01111101 11111101 11111101 11110111 1110111
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 224
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 59
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Chanson Without Music;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.