This is an analysis of the poem At The Unitarian Festival that begins with:
MARCH 8, 1882
THE waves unbuild the wasting shore;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X ababcdcdXdXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111 01100101 110100101 11111101 111100001 11010111 01010101 010010101 01111101 010101100 01110101 01011111 01011111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 238
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of At The Unitarian Festival;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.