This is an analysis of the poem A Parody On “a Psalm Of Life” that begins with:
Life is real, life is earnest,
And the shell is not its pen –... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa bcbc cdcd efef gaga
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011010 1010101 11111100 1110001 10111010 0111101 111101010 1001001 00111010 0011101 01111010 0010001 10101011 1111101 11101011 1110101 11101010 1010001 10111110 1111101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 131
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words in, be, hen are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Parody On “a Psalm Of Life”;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.