This is an analysis of the poem Epilogue To The 'Good Natur'D Man' that begins with:
As puffing quacks some caitiff wretch procure
To swear the pill, or drop, has wrought a cure;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccdddXeefXXgcccXhhffiigghhXXcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 34,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101110101 0101111101 1101111101 110001100111 1111010101 11110010111 1000111101 1111010111 11011111010 01111111011 11110111010 10111101110 1111110111 1101010111 11110101000 11110101010 1111010001 0111111101 11110011110 11111111010 11011111010 11010111010 1101011111 1011111001 110100111001 1101010111 0101010011 1111111101 1111110110 1101010111 11100111101 11010001001 1111010111 1011001101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1567
- Average number of words per stanza: 294
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, at, he are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word 'what is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase it connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Epilogue To The 'Good Natur'D Man';
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.