This is an analysis of the poem Eiplogue that begins with:
INTENDED TO HAVE BEEN SPOKEN FOR 'SHE STOOPS
TO CONQUER'... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aX bbccddeeffaabbXaeeggfXhhaaXXggbbiiaaiiiiaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,42,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 01001010111 010 100111001 0100111101 1101110010 11111101110 1101011001 0111110101 1101011111 0101110101 1111111101 1101010111 1101110101 1101011101 10010111100 11010101110 0011110001 1100011101 0110110101 1111110101 100010101010 11110110110 11110101011 10101111010 01001111111 11010111001 1101010101 1011011101 0111010101 111111101 110010111010 11010111010 1101010101 1111111101 01011101010 11001100110 1111111101 1101011101 01010101110 11010111110 11111100010 11010101010 1111111101 010101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 967
- Average number of words per stanza: 177
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; at, both, his, and, of are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines them is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Eiplogue;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.