This is an analysis of the poem Palavras that begins with:
As palavras do amor expiram como os versos,
Com que adoço a amargura e embalo o pensamento: ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 110011010010110 111001000110011000 101010001100 10111101001100 1001010111000 0111101001100110 10111001011100 1100111011100 11100111111100 111100011011000 11110110111101100 1001110011011010 1011010101000 1011001010100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 163
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; que, o, as, e are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Palavras;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.