This is an analysis of the poem Maldição that begins with:
Se por vinte anos, nesta furna escura,
Deixei dormir a minha maldição, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111101010100 101001010 110110011000 1010111010110 111000101100 10110100 11001010100 11001001100 100101001100 101110110 101011011100 1010100110 101001111010 101001111001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; e, de, sem, pelo are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words vinte, pelo are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Maldição;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.