This is an analysis of the poem The Praying Mantis that begins with:
From whence arrived the praying mantis?
From outer space, or lost Atlantis?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010101010 010111010 1011101 11010101 1000100100 1101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 212
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 6
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Praying Mantis;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Ogden Nash
- Analysis of Requiem
- Analysis of Old Dr. Valentine To His Son
- Analysis of Pg Wooster, Just As He Useter