This is an analysis of the poem I Didn'T Go To Church Today that begins with:
I didn't go to church today,
I trust the Lord to understand....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbacXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 11010101 01110111 01010101 11111111 110101010 11111111 111001010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 280
- Average number of words per stanza: 54
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he, knows are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Didn'T Go To Church Today;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Ogden Nash
- Analysis of Come On In, The Senility Is Fine
- Analysis of To My Valentine
- Analysis of Children's Party