This is an analysis of the poem The Hidden Wealth that begins with:
Adam and Eve together stood
Amid the crop they both were tending, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd adad eXec fdfX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10110101 010111010 110101001 010001110 11010001 010101010 11010101 1101010010 11010111 010101110 11011101 010100010 11010001 010100110 100110101 110111010 1010111101 111111010 11110101 1101001100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 151
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Hidden Wealth;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.