This is an analysis of the poem The Professor that begins with:
Remember me? I am Professor Sheth.
Once I taught you geography. Now...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcdXeefXXbfdXgfhggfdXfcagXdXcicihb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 36,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101110101 111101001 110111100 111101 1111110 111001 101100 101100 111 10101011111 1001001111 1001100110 11011011 1101111010110 11010111 100111010010 11101110101 11010010010 111011110010 110110110110 10101000111 1110110111 10001011 111011100111 1101011101101 0001011001 101110 10111011 0111101 11010100 101111 1111011100 1001 01110010111 10111010010 1110111001011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1300
- Average number of words per stanza: 241
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, and, no are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word one is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines manager is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Professor;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.