This is an analysis of the poem Moonlight that begins with:
The moon beams
the glowworm glows...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Aabba cdbcd XaXX Xbac Aac XXaba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,4,4,3,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011 0101 1010101 10100101 10101101 1110111 10101001 0010001 010101 11011 010011 1110011 110011 011011 1100101001 10000101101 0100111 101011 011 0111 10100101 1001010 0101 111011101010 101001 10101101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 113
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Moonlight;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.