This is an analysis of the poem The Odyssey, A Modern Sequel extract 1 that begins with:
Then flesh dissolved, glances congealed, the heart's pulse stopped,
and the great mind leapt to the peak of its holy freedom, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110110010111 10111001001010 100101101101 1111010011010 111111011111 10110100101010 10111111110011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 435
- Average number of words per stanza: 76
- Amount of lines: 7
- Average number of symbols per line: 61 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; its is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Odyssey, A Modern Sequel extract 1;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.