This is an analysis of the poem To the People Of the Future that begins with:
This single link was else respected
By people of the days that gone - ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefabXb gcgccccc X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,1,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 010111010 11000111 110101010 111101 111111110 01111111 101111110 0111 11011010 11110011 110101010 10010101 11010101 1101111 01000011 0101 110100010 11111101 110001010 11110101 11000101 01011100 1101011 1101 01011101011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 219
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, they are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word that is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To the People Of the Future;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.