This is an analysis of the poem The Word that begins with:
In the days when the God eternal
Was declining face to the new world,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa abab caca adad caca eXed X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 001101010 101010011 1011101010 10101101 1110110101 101000101 011010101 111000101 100010110 101010101 1011101010 001010101 011010111 01101011 0101010101 101010101 011010101 101010001 001010111 001010101 1011001010 011000111 1110101110 101010101 01011101011
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 140
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase badly connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Word;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.