This is an analysis of the poem Zweifel Und Ruhe that begins with:
Der Mensch auf halbem Weg entschlief
Im Schatten eines alten Baumes,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXabbaXX XXXXXX XXXXXXaXXXXXXX XXaXccXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,6,14,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110110 110101010 01010110 111001 1111011 1111111 111111 1111101 1111110 0110101 111101110 01111101 11111011 1111110 11111101 1111110 01111110 111111010 101101010 1101010 11110100 1101110 11111101 11011101 1111110 11011110 11111010 11011010 11010111 111101111 11111111 1101111 01010101 111101101 1101111 11111111 011101110 11111010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 334
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; und, da are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word da is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Zweifel Und Ruhe;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.