This is an analysis of the poem Sehnsucht Nach Vergessen that begins with:
Lethe! brich die Fesseln des Ufers, gieße
Aus der Schattenwelt mir herüber deine...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101101 111001101 1111011011 1100 11111111011 01111011111 1111001111 111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 152
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sehnsucht Nach Vergessen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Nikolaus Franz Niembsch Edler von Strehlenau
- Analysis of Stille Sicherheit
- Analysis of Stimme Des Windes Stimme Des Regens Stimme Der Glocken Stimme Des Kindes
- Analysis of Studentenreise