This is an analysis of the poem An Einen Tyrannen that begins with:
Tyrann! des Blutes, welches in Schlachten du
Vergossen kalt, das rauschte vom Henkerbeil,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX aaXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110100100 1001111100 110101100 1111111011 11011100101 110100100100 10010110 1111001110 1011010111 10011100 11000111 10111101110 1001101001 11001100001 10111000 11101010 111101011 100101001 11001100 101001010 111100001 11000011111 11011110 1000111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 156
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; die, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word und is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Einen Tyrannen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.