This is an analysis of the poem Am Bette Eines Kindes that begins with:
Wiege sie sanft, o Schlaf, die holde Kleine.
Durch die zarte Verhüllung deines Schleiers...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX aXXX aXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111111111 1111011 1111111111 100 11111111010 11111001011 1110100111 1110 11111011110 1110010110 101111111011 10110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 150
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; die, der are repeated.
The author used the same word wiege at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Am Bette Eines Kindes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.