This is an analysis of the poem Poetry that begins with:
poetry is motion graceful
as a fawn ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbcdaefghafgaigdcjhXjkhe kffXhifbgfXgXggb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 26,16,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10001010 101 101010 1101 10100101 110101 11110 101011 100001 110 0110111101 01 1111001 10100011 010110110 1110 010010100 01110 01010 111010 0101111101 011 010110111011 01011010 010111111 1011111 01001100 0010001 0101 00101010010 001110101 110001 00111001 01110001 00110111 1011001 00101001010 11010 101110 101100 11001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 357
- Average number of words per stanza: 66
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase it connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Poetry;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.