This is an analysis of the poem Legacies that begins with:
her grandmother called her from the playground
"yes, ma'am" ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXbcbXcaXbXXXXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110100011 10100 10110110110101 1010 10101101 0110111 100110101 111101111101 01010101 11 101101101110 00111 101101011 0101010 1100 1100010 1111 111111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 623
- Average number of words per stanza: 105
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; she is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase that connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Legacies;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.