This is an analysis of the poem Il Est Certains Esprits... that begins with:
Il est certains esprits dont les sombres pensées
Sont d'un nuage épais toujours embarrassées ;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXaaXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011010111010 1111100100 0101101101010 0111110010 1011010111101 10011111111 1111011100 111101010010 101011111 1111111101 1111101110 101011010110 101101110100 1111010010 111111100110 011011011110 1001011111 11111011110 11110111110 11110110100 1111011111 111101100111 10101111100 11010110110 1110011110 11101100110 100011101000 100100110100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 440
- Average number of words per stanza: 79
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ou, un, et, le are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines es, e, ne are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Il Est Certains Esprits...;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.