This is an analysis of the poem Oprundet Er Vor Jubel-Fest that begins with:
Oprundet er vor Jubel-Fest,
Gud Hellig-Aand! vær Du vor Giæst,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXX XXXX XXXX bXXX bXcc bcXX XXXX XXXX XbbX XXXX XXbX XXXX bXXX bXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10001101 11011011 1111111 1111101 11001100 11110010 11011101 1100101 011111 1111101 1111101 1101001 01111101 0111101 11110101 0101111 0110111 11010101 11110111 1101111 0110111 11010101 101111 11010111 00111101 1101111111 01000111 1100111 01011101 11100111 0101111 11001101 01011110 11011111 1111111 11111100 1101111 11010011 11011101 11111100 1101111 11111101 111111 1111101 11010001 1011101 11111111 1111101 11011101 0110111 10011100 11111101 1111101 11011101 1111011 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 122
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 61
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word du is repeated.
The author used the same word du at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines d, g, r are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word baand at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase kun connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Oprundet Er Vor Jubel-Fest;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.