This is an analysis of the poem Lille Guds Barn! Hvad Skader Dig that begins with:
Lille Guds Barn! hvad skader dig?
Tænk paa din Fader i Himmerig!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXX XXaXX aXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXaX XXaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111101 111101100 10111011 10111110 1111 111111 1111111 10010111 1111101 1111 10111111 10111111 10111100 11011111 1111 111101 1111111 1111100 1011111 1111 10010111 101111101 1110111 10011111 1111 11011111 10111101 1011101 11110101 1111 1111100 11111101 1111110 11111111 1111 111101 11100110 11111111 10011100 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 146
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, og are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word lov at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lille Guds Barn! Hvad Skader Dig;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Nicolaj Frederik Severin Grundtvig
- Analysis of Livets Vej
- Analysis of Livs-Ordet [som Dugg Paa Slagne Enge]
- Analysis of Lov Og Tak Og Evig Ære