This is an analysis of the poem Kong David that begins with:
Jeg gik i Marken og vogtede Faar,
Slog min Harpe i Skyggen af Palmer,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXaX XXXX XXXX bXba XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101101 111110110 111111101 111110110 1111111011 111111111 101011011 10111111 10111111 111111111 1011011010 1110101 11111101 11011110 1011110111 111101110 11101111111 1111011 110111011 11111001 100111111111 11111011 11111011 1010101011 01010101111 101111110 11111111 111010110 111101 101101110 111101111 10111011 111110011 101001111 1101011001 101011011
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 147
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Kong David;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.