This is an analysis of the poem Kom, Skab Os Om, Gud-Helligaand that begins with:
Kom, skab os om, Gud-Helligaand!
Du kiender Hjertets dybe Grund!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa aXXa XXaX aaXX XbXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111100 0101011 1101111 1111111 0011111 0011101 00101101 111111 10010011 110110 01001101 110111 1011111 11011111 11100111 11110100 111111 111011 11110110 1111110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 119
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; du, og, er, os are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words du, giv are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Kom, Skab Os Om, Gud-Helligaand;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Nicolaj Frederik Severin Grundtvig
- Analysis of Kommer Hid Kun Med De Smaa
- Analysis of Kommer Sjæle, Dyrekiøbte
- Analysis of Kong Agger I Edessa