This is an analysis of the poem Jesus Christ! Vi Offre Dig that begins with:
Jesus Christ! vi offre Dig
Lov og Priis evindelig;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXXXX aXXXbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 101111 1111000 1010111 1011100 101010 1110111 1111101 111011 1111000 101011 11111 111011 111111 111100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 190
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; bt, d are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines bt is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Jesus Christ! Vi Offre Dig;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Nicolaj Frederik Severin Grundtvig
- Analysis of Jesus Christus Har Afvendt Verdens Lyn
- Analysis of Jesus Lever, Graven Brast
- Analysis of Jesus! Dine Dybe Vunder