This is an analysis of the poem Jeg Som Et Barn Mig Glæde Vil that begins with:
Jeg som et Barn mig glæde vil,
Og sjunge i det Høie:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXaaXXXX bXcXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX bXcXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111111 11111 10111101 11111 10010101 10100101 110111 10011101 10110101 111101 111111010 11111 11011001 111101 1101011 11011101 1101100 1110011 1110111 1111110 11111100 101111 11001111 111101 111111 11110101 110101 11111111 111011 111101 110111010 1011111 111101 11111 1110111 11011101 110101 11011111 1001110 110110 11111 10011 1111011 110101 011101 1101101 110101 10011101 10110101 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 281
- Average number of words per stanza: 60
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; er, d, ei are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words idag, ei are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines d is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Jeg Som Et Barn Mig Glæde Vil;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.