This is an analysis of the poem I Dine Helgenes Straalende Kiæde that begins with:
I dine Helgenes straalende Kiæde
Hvor kan jeg Usling indtræde,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100101 111101 11100111 101110111 110111011 1110011 11111011 1110111 1111010101 1111011011 1111011010 101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 410
- Average number of words per stanza: 83
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; mig is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines de is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Dine Helgenes Straalende Kiæde;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Nicolaj Frederik Severin Grundtvig
- Analysis of I Døden Jesus Blunded
- Analysis of I Dødens Baand Vor Frelser Laae
- Analysis of I Graven Laae Den Herre Christ