This is an analysis of the poem I Dag Sukker Helved Og Klager that begins with:
I Dag sukker Helved og klager:
O, gid han dog aldrig var fød,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXaXX XbXXXXaaXX XcXXXXbXXX XXXcXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010110 11111011 11101110 11111011 101111 101111 1011111 1111111 111010 101100 111010110 11111111 111110100 1101111 111101 111111 11011011 11111001 111010 101100 111010110 11111111 111110100 10110001 1111001 111110 0101111 1111111 111010 101100 111010110 1101111 11011100 111111 110110110 11111000 1111001 11011001 111010 101100 111010110 1101101 110101100 11011001 01101010 0111110 11111011 11111110 111010 101100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 374
- Average number of words per stanza: 78
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; d, hvor, er, hans, og are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words hvor, o, nu, de are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines nnen, kker are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word opstanden at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Dag Sukker Helved Og Klager;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Nicolaj Frederik Severin Grundtvig
- Analysis of Søndag Er Vorherres Dag
- Analysis of Søndag-Morgen Fra De Døde
- Analysis of Sønnen Af Guds Fader-Hjerte