This is an analysis of the poem Himlene, Herre, Fortælle Din Ære that begins with:
Himlene, Herre, fortælle din Ære,
Mesteren prises af Hvælvingen blaa,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXaXa XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010111 100101101 1011011001 111111 1111111110 1111111 1110111110 1110011001 1011011101 111111111 11111101 111010011 1011011010 101101101 101111110 101101101 111111111 1011010011 1011001111 101001101 11110110110 10011110 1011001110 11111001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 300
- Average number of words per stanza: 59
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; der, din, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word der is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Himlene, Herre, Fortælle Din Ære;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Nicolaj Frederik Severin Grundtvig
- Analysis of Himmelske Brudgom! Ak, Jeg Var I Senge
- Analysis of Hos Gud, Før Verdens Grund Blev Lagt
- Analysis of Hungers-Nøden