This is an analysis of the poem Herrens Røst Er Over Vandet that begins with:
Herrens Røst er over Vandet,
Sjæle-Badet i Guds Ord,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXX XaXaXXX XXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 110111 11111000 1010011 1110111 1111100 111111 10101010 111111 10111010 111101 1110110 1011101 1010101 10101110 101011 1111110 110001 1111110 111100 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 195
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Herrens Røst Er Over Vandet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.