This is an analysis of the poem Den Kananæiske Kvinde that begins with:
Paa Hedenskabets Grændser,
Og nær ved Bølgen blaa,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110001 11111 11001 11011 11111 1111 11101 1111010 100110 111111 11111 111100 110011 110111 111111 11111 11111 111100 1100100 1111010 11101 11111 110111 111010 1111 11111 110111 110100 101110 110110 110111 111101 1111110 1111010 111101 111011 111101 110101 1011 111111 111111 110100
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 173
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Den Kananæiske Kvinde;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Nicolaj Frederik Severin Grundtvig
- Analysis of Dig Rumme Ei Himle
- Analysis of Din Kirke-Mark, O Gud
- Analysis of Din Aand, O Gud! Har Ført Dit Ord