This is an analysis of the poem Dækker Gud Nu Bord I Ørken that begins with:
Dækker Gud nu Bord i Ørken,
Som det før i Psalmen lød!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXX XaXaXXX XXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111 1111101 1011110 1011101 1111110 11111010 101011 1011111 111011 1110100 101101 1100110 10101110 1010101 11111010 1100111 1010110 111011 10111110 11101100 1111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 203
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; d, nu are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dækker Gud Nu Bord I Ørken;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Nicolaj Frederik Severin Grundtvig
- Analysis of Dødning-Gud Er Ei Vor Drot
- Analysis of Ebbe Og Harald Klak
- Analysis of Ebræer-Menigheden